Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anyone used shampoo/conditioner that has been EXCELLENT for dry/frizzy hair?

I have about shoulder length VERY curly, dry, frizzy hair. I have tried dozens of different products on my hair, but nothing really seems to help the dryness. I have been using Pantene for the past few months but I really don't see any difference in my hair. Not washing my hair everyday isn't really an option because it is frizzy and messy when I wake up. Are there any shampoos or conditioners that have really improved your hair? I have heard good things about Garnier Fructis but is it really that great? Also, I would prefer that the products be available at any drugstore. Please help.





Thanks. :]Anyone used shampoo/conditioner that has been EXCELLENT for dry/frizzy hair?
There is a product by Infusium 23 called (moistur)ologie. It has a shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in treatment. It hydrates deeply to replenish the moisture to dry, parched hair. They also have a (repair)ologie line, which fortifies the hair cuticle to stop breakage and split ends. You could just use the (moistur)ologie, or you could mix a (repair)ologie shampoo with a (moistur)ologie conditioner.





I actually use a Pantene Pro-V shampoo for my hair along with the (moistur)ologie conditioner. Despite what everyone else says about how bad Pantene is, I love it. It gets my hair clean, and leaves it feeling soft and looking very healthy and shiny. Plus, the (moistur)ologie conditioner makes it even softer, and I've noticed way less frizz and breakage in my hair.





You can buy the Infusium 23 products at Walmart for about $5 each. Hope this helps! :]Anyone used shampoo/conditioner that has been EXCELLENT for dry/frizzy hair?
There are a lot of silicones out there that promise to treat frizziness (Biosilk, John Frieda), but look at their ingredients. They all contain stuff like alcohol or water that get in the way of the silicone. Try a pure silicone like Simply Stylin. It has no fillers so it's effects are intensified. I like the Silk serum version. Their website gives out free samples. www.simplystylinhair.com.
I tried Garnier 3 minute masque (it comes in a little pot-looking container, green with an orange lid) and it worked wonders for my hair!! You just use it about once a week and leave it in for 3 minutes (hence the name). The rest of the week I use Garnier length and strength shampoo and conditioner. Hope this helps, I know how annoying frizzy hair is!!





Something else that also works well is John Freida hair serum. You just put a dime-sized amount in your hands, and rub it evenly through dry hair. It takes the frizz out. You can get it at any drugstore or WalMart sells it too. It's kind of expensive for such a small amount of product, but the bottle actually lasts a long time, even if you use it every day.
Buy Sunsilk or Garnier shampoo and conditioner and get a straightener! :D
Throw out all your Pantene products. It's horrible for your hair! It strips your hair of any natural nutriance, and coats your hair with a waxy film which will dull, dry out, and damage your hair. Any professional hair stylist will confirm this.





Garnier Fructis is pretty good, but I prefer Dove shampoo and conditioner. Aussie's 3 Minute Mircle is great also.





I use Dove Shampoo and Conditioner, and twice a week I'll substitute the conditioner with Aussie's 3 Minute Mircle. Ever since I've started this ritual my hair has been a lot less fizzy, softer, and more managable.





Use V0S hot oil treatment once a week, before you shampoo your hair. It works really well.





I also heard that it's worth investing in salon quality products like Redkin.
i would try a hot oil treatment once a week for starters, and make sure you condition every day, maybe the new pantene products, i think they are called texturize? my hair which is frizzy does well.
Stop using Pantene! It is actually proven to make your hair drier, even if it claims to be moisturizing.





I would definitely recommend Dove Sheer Moisture. I am actually in the same situation as you because I did used to use Pantene! But after receiving a free sample of this I tried it and it works like magic and I am not kidding! Anyway it is a great cure for both dry hair and frizzy hair. My hair is always messy when I wake up but from the same line of product, I use Dove Replenishing Mist it is the best and it can be applied to dry hair too.





And please please please nominate this for best answer, I really want it! ~鈾
Yes, head n shoulders for smooth %26amp; silky hair. ^_^
Try a leave-on conditioner or when you comb out your hair after shampooing, use a quarter size dollop of conditioner and comb through, then leave it in. Try using a silk pillowcase when you sleep, it makes a BIG difference in what your hair looks like when you get up. Try using a wide tooth comb instead of a brush. Any brand of conditioner will do just about the same job. Also try to deep condition at least once a week, I usually leave mine in for 30 minutes before rinsing. Hope this is helpful.
i used to have the same thing frizz eaze by john frieda works great =)
Hi I have the best thing ever for you to try you can get it by this company or get it cheaper at ebay I tried thia on my hair and it was like a miracle the frizziness went away and my hair looked beautiful is a two part system first you shampoo and then treatment but at the end you will love the results is worth every penny go to the address beloww and you can read about it let me know if u try it out Good Luck!
Matrix sleek look.. Please try this.. You will see a signifigant improvment if not within one was then two.. My hair stylist recomended it and I also get a conditioning treatment every two weeks that puts the protein back in your hair.. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Simply Stylin is a really good product, I agree. Tames frizz and adds a shine that lasts all day. Plus I love the scent!
I have pretty frizzy hair and I use Garnie Fructi Shampoo and Conditioner. Then when I get out of the shower I use the leave-in-conditioner. I sometimes use the John Frieda mousse and it works pretty good too. Good Luck!!!!!
Try redken all soft it is awesome my hair had been burnt from over processing and my beautician recommended it,my hair was so dry and frizzy i used it a week and could tell it was getting softer and healthier.good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment